Senior Account Executive
Senior Account Executive
Northeast or New England Area
PRESENCE is a national, independently owned, natural products broker and service provider that was born from a desire to work in a progressive, vibrant and environmentally conscious industry while building communicative partnerships with other like-minded companies. We are passionate about taking better care of the planet and ourselves, we have high energy, strong standards, strategic vision and are committed to making natural and organic products the standard again. We love to learn, are on-trend and care about our teams and their well-being.
A little about this role:
Our Senior Account Executive is the leadership role between our manufacturers, Ahold, and the PRESENCE teams. This is a dynamic position requires the ability to focus on both the big picture and the day-to-day details of retail headquarter sales management and overall business and relationship development. The Senior Account Executive is responsible for maintaining existing business as well as generating new business opportunities, meeting with senior leadership, strategic planning and managing the Account Executive team at Ahold.
A day in the life:
- Leadership - You lead by example, recruit, manage, develop, and train the Account Executive team. You are the leader of the team and run the day-to-day operations; responsible for creating and leading overall processes and sales metrics, coordinating strategic development and tactical execution for our vendor partners, your key accounts and PRESENCE. You will need to coordinate with other teams and departments to properly execute programs and initiatives.
- Top to Top Relationships - As the Senior leader on the team, it's your role to forge strong relationships with the senior leadership teams at your accounts as well as our brands, conducting overall business reviews, managing and navigating challenges and maximizing our expertise.
- Account Development - As the Senior Account Executive, you will take ownership and strategically manage your business by developing, executing, and evaluating business plans for our brands at the headquarter level for an account. You will be directly responsible for a specific "book of business" which includes presenting to individual buyers and all required follow-up as needed. You are responsible for presenting and selling in new items, new product placement opportunities, developing impactful promotional strategies, and creating and executing on manufacturer and retailer goals.
- Analytics - Knowing your business and finding opportunities is key to driving sales. Understanding and utilizing syndicated data such as SPINS, Nielsen, Power BI, Ahold's DemandTec, and distributor data is essential in reaching our sales goals and meet the individual manufacturer's expectations.
- Tradeshows and Events - Occasional national meetings, trade shows and trade/association conventions, social events with manufacturers/accounts and industry partners will take place. These may occur outside of normal business hours and may include travel.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Projects and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice due to our business, industry, and/or market changes. Additional travel may be required for industry tradeshows and/or company meetings and events.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of sales experience required
- Management experience preferred
- Previous Ahold experience required; previous experience partnering with Ahold Sr. leadership preferred
- Strong selling, negotiation, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Excellent decision-making ability and customer service
- Dependable, extroverted, diplomatic person, able to problem-solve successfully with a wide variety of people and issues
- Flexibility to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude
- Clean driving record, reliable transportation, valid driver's license and current insurance is required
- Proficient computer (MS Office applications) and data-mining skills
- Ability to manage time and deadlines
- Ability to travel as needed