SCADA OT Technician
SCADA OT Technician
Pottstown, PA 19464, USA Req #2135
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you'll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
Adelphia Gateway, a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources is seeking a SCADA OT Technician to maintain and update the company's pipeline Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system, its network data servers, PCs, printers and related OT infrastructure to ensure secure and uninterrupted operations in support of the Lead SCADA Engineer. Assists with the coordination and implementation of changes to the SCADA system to support pipeline operational changes and engineering projects. Works closely with Control Center Operations and Instrument & Electrical team to maintain reliable and secure communications with remote PLCs that monitor and control various pipelines and ensures that reliable historical data is available for reports. Recommends system changes and upgrades based on new technologies and best practices to maintain secure and optimally operating systems in collaboration with the Lead SCADA Engineer.
• Assists the Lead SCADA Engineer with the following:
o Installing, configuring and supporting SCADA/OT applications to provide the required level of functionality for Company operations.
o Operation and maintenance of database, network and reporting systems associated with the primary and backup SCADA control centers; provides scheduled and non-scheduled installation and maintenance on computer systems and,
o Maintaining applications that support or are supported by the SCADA system pipeline product management, simulation training, alarm management, leak monitoring, database management, flow management and accounting systems
• Works with the Measurement Analyst to create and distribute operational data reports
• Assists with investigating, analyzing and correcting SCADA/OT system related issues related to computer software or hardware, the network, communications, or outside factors
• Partners with the Lead SCADA Engineer, Cybersecurity and NJRIT on security and system upgrades
• Assists the Measurement Analyst, Measurement Technician and I&E technicians with field RTU troubleshooting and upgrades.
• Maintain current knowledge of industry regulations and updates; maintains a high level of technical proficiency to proactively support the needs of operations
• Provides ad hoc reporting of SCADA data from active and historical servers and maintains requisite data
• Assists with the installation, configuration of remote telemetry units, switches and routers; monitors the same for any errors or failures and addresses accordingly
• Troubleshoots network communications failures
• Assists Engineering and Operations in developing pipeline automation procedures
• Works with SCADA and OT services vendors to resolve issues requiring external support
• Assists with the review, design, testing and implementation of SCADA graphics changes as requested
• Responds to emergency calls and call-ins and is subject to on-call rotation
• Supports the Pipeline Training Simulator and link to SCADA and assists with the development of training simulations
• Assists with annual security audits on the SCADA system; helps remediate security issues per company guidelines and regulatory requirements
• Requires a High School diploma or Vocational certificate
• A two-year technical/Associates degree or military electronics training with experience in electronics or SCADA/OT system management is preferred
• A minimum of two years of experience working with SCADA/OT control systems
• Experience with OSI PI, MS SQL, Aveva Oasys or DNA, Wonderware, Cisco ISO, and TCP/IP networking and security, OPC, DNP as well as scripting and programming experience is preferred
• Must have a thorough understanding of network topologies, SCADA network protocols, database development and Control Center needs associated with data acquisition in control center operations
• Must be versed in MS SQL, Visual Basic and Visual Basic.net, database structure and stored procedures
• Proficiency in MS Windows server and desktop operating systems
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Experience working with pipeline SCADA control systems
• Experience with HMI setup and maintenance
• Approximately 20% travel required in support of other NJR Storage and Transportation facilities
NOTE: This job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran or other protected status.