Registered Nurse (Pool)
Location: US-PA-Mount Pleasant
# of Openings: 1
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
The Mt Pleasant Surgery Center is a multi-specialty Ambulatory Surgery Center located in Mt Pleasant, PA 15666. We are less than 10 minutes from the New Stanton exit of the PA Turnpike, located immediately off the Scottdale exit of Route 119. We offer free on-site parking.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The primary role of this position is to provide nursing care while ensuring the safety of the patient during their transfer and stay in the surgical suite. This position requires basic computer knowledge, skills and the ability to utilize the Internet.
Key Responsibilities :
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilize specialized nursing knowledge and discriminative judgment while giving direct and indirect patient care
- Perform assessment of patient, plans care to ensure patient safety, directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic techniques and procedures.
- Perform tasks delegated to the "circulating" role
- Check rooms for supplies and prepares room for specific patient and procedure
- Assists in transporting patient to O.R. and checks patient record for appropriate pre-op preparation and procedures (i.e. lab, x-ray, permits)
- Performs and/or directs appropriate surgical prep
- Completes documentation for O.R. records, laboratory requisitions, and patient chart including medications and physician orders
- Directs proper care of instruments, supplies, sterilization, and storage of equipment
- Supervises and assists with the proper, safe positioning of patients
- Identifies, labels, and cares for all surgical specimens properly
- Secures emergency equipment and supplies as needed
- Controls the general "tone" of the operating room
- Perform the tasks of the scrub role including but not limited to the following:
- Scrubs, gowns, and gloves member of surgical team following aseptic techniques
- Sets up operating room, arranges instruments according to routine for a given procedure, maintains sterile field throughout procedure, performs clean up
- Knowledgeable of all basic surgical instruments and tray set-ups
- Able to function efficiently as a member of the surgical team
- Able to perform the tasks of surgical instrument and supply preparation
- Develop communication and promote departmental relationships to ensure continuity of care
- Participate in on-going committees and other educational programs to enhance patient care
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the operating room required
- 1 year of Orthopaedic experience preferred
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and be currently licensed to practice nursing in Pennsylvania
- 80% walking, standing, pushing, and pulling required to move a patient
- Must have thorough knowledge of general nursing theory and practice; knowledge of operating room technique
- Must have basic knowledge of Word and Excel programs
- Willing to learn new computer systems as required to perform daily tasks
- Ability to work independently, as well as, function within a team
- Must be able to assess patient needs, determine priorities, plan and direct care for the surgical patient and must possess the ability to handle stressful situations
- Maintains current CPR and ACLS certification
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP, #RegisteredNurse, #HealthcareJobs, #NurseJobs, #MedicalJobs, #Healthcare, #NurseLife, #RNJobs, #Health, #SCA, #SurgicalCareAffiliates, #ASC, #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter