Type: Full Time Employee
# of Openings: 1
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Greet and communicate with patients and visitors within the facility
- Answer incoming calls to the facility
- Register patients and verify identity, demographics, financial and insurance information
- Communicates with other business office and clinical departments
- Open mail and distribute
- Accept and record patient cost share payments
- Prepare and reconcile daily deposits
- Maintain clean and tidy lobby area
- Verify vendor and visitor sign in
- Patient chart preparation
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual preferred
- Two years previous medical clerical experience
- Basic knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with medical software
- Strong communication skills
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SCA, #SurgicalCareAffiliates, #Receptionist