Quality Assurance Support Technician (#603958)
Progeny Systems, LLC is a high-tech business focusing on software and hardware system integration, cutting-edge research and development, and manufacturing. We provide premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. Progeny Systems is seeking a self-motivated, organized, and dynamic Quality Assurance Support Technician to join the team.
The Quality Assurance Support Technician will perform quality requirements involving the coordination of calibration, document control and change management procedures and techniques in support of customer requirements, company goals and quality initiatives to ensure our products meet and exceed standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeps measurement equipment operating to standards by managing calibration requirements and database.
- Support Purchasing during the annual calibration quote process
- Create calibration purchase requests
- Coordinate onsite and offsite monthly and annual calibration efforts at both Canonsburg & Charleroi
- Submit monthly calibration due report
- Complete risk assessments for failed calibrated equipment
- Complete quarterly calibration CDRLs
- Extract data from a variety of sources to generate reports and identify opportunities for improvement.
Preventative Maintenance Coordination
- Ensure weekly, monthly and annual Preventative Maintenance actions are completed; collect completed records and ensure the preventative maintenance database is updated/maintained.
- Complete quarterly torque driver verifications for both Canonsburg and Charleroi.
- Complete Bi-annual ESD Mat verification.
- Maintain ESD Mat Database
- Complete daily temperature / humidity log
- Complete quarterly ESD tester verification
Engineering Change Orders (ECO) / Change Management
- Generate and coordinate ECOs to facilitate the review/approval of updated Assembly/Inspection procedures
- Notify the CM group for MRP update of the approved Assembly/Inspection instruction once the ECO is approved.
- Update Assembly/Inspection Work instructions according to redlined documents.
- Participate in the internal auditing/surveillance programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Problem-solving skills, and the ability to project manage
- Comprehensive written and verbal communication, interpersonal, facilitation, presentation, organizational, and follow-up skills.
- The ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects as well as the ability to converse effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Personal computer skills including spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and specialized applications.
- Ability to pull, manipulate and report on data from various database platforms.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments and perform in a diverse cross-functional team environment.
- Working knowledge of the basic Microsoft Office suite of business software; MS Word, Excel
- Strong organizational and writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to obtain and hold a DoD security clearance.
- Minimum of five years' experience in an electronics assembly or similar environment.
This position may require the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
Physical and Mental Requirements for all positions:
• Prolonged stationary periods at a desk
• General ability to operate computer and other productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer, etc.
• Ability to lift and transport up to 30 pounds at times
• Effectively communicate with others
• Ability to access and inspect all areas of machinery including under desks and in server areas.
• Ability to stay focused and provide attention to detail.
• Ability to think analytically and apply problem solving skills to scenarios throughout the course of the workday
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at email@example.com or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a high-tech business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)