Job ID: 2020-15758
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients' lives.
Responsible for managing and implementing marketing activities for assigned product areas through research, strategic planning and implementation.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Conducts on going research to define market needs (includes interfacing with hospital personnel, surgeons, nurses, and sales representatives, surgical observation, and literature review) to develop and maintain product lines.
- Identifies and implements new product styles, patterns, line extensions, deletions.
- Maintains inventory to include disposition of excess product and maintenance of marketing warehouse for individual line. Creates promotions to move slow-selling items.
- Identifies product and service opportunities to meet market needs.
- Develops, analyzes and maintains competitive profiles for products and companies including literature resources.
- Develops implements and updates annually the business plan to maximize the company's position, as well as participates in the formulation and development of department's strategic plan.
- Develops short-term and long term product promotion strategies.
- Formulates effective pricing strategies.
- Produces accurate product sales forecasts in conjunction with Forecast and Planning Department and assists in maintaining it current on a monthly basis.
- Manages activities with members of various departments to implement the marketing plan (includes sales, operations, research and development, regulatory, quality assurance).
- Develops and manages new product introduction process, including written product proposals, project management, all launch activities, line extensions and modifications.
- Develops all marketing communications materials and promotional items (e.g. catalogs, brochures, giveaways, press releases, and training materials) for assigned product line.
- Distributes updates on products, the market, and competitive activities.
- Creates and maintains all training and in-service materials for product line and conducts product demonstrations and seminars to internal and external personnel as requested.
- Provides technical product support to the sales force, customer service and managed care.
- Coordinates participation at trade shows, workshops, meetings with surgeons and hospitals, sales meetings and participates as required.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Leads team projects and cross-functional assignments.
- Drives and controls R&D process with suppliers and OEM customers.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigne
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally by air and car, and work occasional weekends. Must possess a valid government issued drivers license and passport.
- Requires excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer skills in Windows, Lotus e-mail, Excel, Power Point and word processing desirable. SAP experience highly desirable.
- This position requires the handling of instruments that may have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in the Quality Manual.
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission, and Values.
- Support Associate Product Manager on projects, deliverables and development.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or equivalent 4 - 6 years work experience, specifically in Marketing field
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- At least 4 years in medical device product management.
- 2 years of business to business sales experience preferred.
Language and mathematical skills; reasoning ability:
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect date, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. PI117025096