Description: GENERAL PURPOSE:
To provide value by safely and efficiently supporting the production maintenance team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, troubleshoot, PM, and repair equipment in assigned area under the guidance of higher-level utility mechanics.
- Maintain open and accurate communication with other maintenance employees as well as supervision.
- Complete all assigned work orders completely and accurately documenting all prudent information describing the completion of the work order.
- Complete MRO documentation and SAP entry as dictated by maintenance tasks, repairs, and PMs.
- Perform technical maintenance tasks under close supervision.
- Provide all information necessary to maintain proper parts inventories.
- Work with outside contractors to complete projects and improvements wherever possible.
- Maintain all facility grounds and services.
- Perform all work in a safe manner following all Company safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed.
. Requirements: SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D., and 2 years experience in a maintenance occupation in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties.
- Basic understanding of electricity.
- Working knowledge of every energy source for each piece of utility equipment in assigned area (electric, hydraulic, and pneumatic, etc.).
- Ability to maintain plant utilities (lighting, water systems, drain systems, etc.).
- Ability to work independently when directed.
- Be able to measure, cut, thread, and join stainless, black iron, plastic, and copper piping.
- Basic understanding of schematics and blue prints.
- Basic understanding of various diagnostic equipment including but not limited to ohms meter, voltage meters, etc. basic knowledge and understanding of power equipment to include cut-off saws, demo-saws, drills, etc.
- Thoroughly understand and follow all OSHA and Company regulations as they relate to the maintenance field (LOTO, CSE, PPE, etc.).
- Basic understanding of critical MRO and SAP procedures and requirements and be able to enter and populate computerized tracking systems.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.