About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap ® and CAPS ® .
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise ® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com .
The Administrative Assistant will provide a high-level administrative support to the Corporate VP/General Manager and Direct Reports of B Braun's Manufacturing Facility. This position will require a person who can work in a fast-paced office environment that has exceptional organizational skills while keeping a positive attitude.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to plant executives at the VP/GM, VP and Director levels;
- Keep the executives organized by maintaining daily calendars; Organize and maintain complex calendars by scheduling meeting, appointments, conference call and events.
- Schedules meetings and travel accommodations;
- Schedule internal and external all-day meetings. Handling all the details pertaining to the meeting such as planning events, order food, and securing a meeting location.
- Prepare and/ or edit documents for company distribution.
- Make travel accommodations for domestic and international travel.
- Reconcile expense reports related to travel.
- Create spreadsheets, managing databases, and prepare presentations.
- Manages and organizes workflow
- Acts as a resource of knowledge of the company and its organization to all levels of management.
- Handle special projects when requested.
- Provide backup for other Administrative Assistants.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires working knowledge of technical field/area of specialization. Exercises general application of principles, theories and concepts.
- Follows established procedures and guidelines for departmental and company policies.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and provide a positive customer service to them.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite software and Internet.
- Ability to prioritize projects, take initiative and work independently.
- Works under general supervision. May periodically assist in orienting, training, assigning & checking the work of other peers.
- May require some limited judgement in resolving problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Frequent contact with external contractors/vendors.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in senior management support in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain the confidentiality of private company information.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- High school diploma/G.E.D or equivalent required, Associate's or technical degree preferred.
- 04-06 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance
- Secrecy and invention agreement and non-compete agreement, Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.