Configuration Data and Parts Management Coordinator (#607380)
Progeny Systems, LLC., a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics Mission Systems, is a high-tech business focusing on software and hardware system integration, computer-vision solutions, cutting-edge research and development, and manufacturing. We provide premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients.
This Configuration/Data Management (CM/DM) and Parts Management (PM) position provides support for various projects of varying complexity. The successful candidate has strong communication skills, the ability to work collaboratively, is highly motivated, detail oriented, an effective communicator, able to work under pressure, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. This position reports directly to the Configuration Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Standard part and BOM generation and maintenance in the ERP system as defined by Management.
- Maintenance of the CM Infrastructure
- Oversee project level Configuration Management and Document Control techniques
- Aligns the CM process with relevant tools such as CVS, SVN, DevTrack, Redmine, EPDM.
- Establish, maintain, and report on configuration or change management tasks.
- Maintains configuration management database
- Maintains the process for configuration items to be placed in a controlled environment.
- May participate in PTR Review Boards and CCBs and other project level meetings.
- Effectively communicate with Program Managers/project team members
- Establish and maintain tasking in relevant tools such as JIRA.
- Additional tasks as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Written & verbal skills to include intermediate to advanced user level of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Experience with ERP systems such as Manex, or other similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications required.
- Knowledge of Product Data Management Systems.
- Knowledge and experience with all government contract types. Familiarity with technical SOWs, CDRL Exhibits, and DID's beneficial.
- Strong experience in CM and PM principles with an ability to comply with a configuration management plan.
- Ability to work in many collaborative applications/platforms.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, effective interpersonal skills, problem solving ability and strong work ethic that is proactive and self-motivated.
- 2-5 years of Configuration/Data/Parts Management experience preferred.
- 1+ years' experience in a government contracting environment preferred.
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position may require the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
Physical and Mental Requirements for all positions:
• Prolonged stationary periods at a desk
• General ability to operate computer and other productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer, etc.
• Ability to lift and transport up to 15 pounds at times
• Effectively communicate with others
• Ability to stay focused and provide attention to detail.
• Ability to think analytically and apply problem solving skills to scenarios throughout the course of the workday
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a high-tech business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)