Assistant Front Office Manager – OEM
# of Openings: 1
Category: Front Desk
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Originally a YMCA, our hotel is housed in a 10-story Georgian revival-style structure with intriguing historical flair, located in the heart of the city's business district and less than one block from the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Striking features and architectural detail awaken the eye: a skylight allows for the play of natural light to our 75-foot central atrium courtyard, while an airy restaurant/bar with graceful archways and classic woodwork brings endless possibility.
Our associates receive a free hot meal per shift, discounted SEPTA passes, weekly treat carts, monthly General Manager Roundtables and a great referral program. The ability to travel expands as our associates can take advantage of the employee discounted travel rewards program. Come join our family at the Le Meridien Philadelphia!
Assist the Front Office Manager in managing the Front Office operations to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with corporate/franchise policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals. Ensure that the arrival, departure, and all other guest contact are conducted in an efficient and friendly manner.
- Ensure efficient guest registration, checkout, guest service, and telephone service, while ensuring all brand standards are being applied.
- Implement company and franchise programs.
- Prepare forecasts and reports and assist in the development of the Rooms Division budget.
- Monitor and maintain the front office systems and equipment to ensure their optimum performance.
- Track guest satisfaction surveys and maximize usage of the guest response tracking system.
- Provide training for entry level associates and supervisors.
- Develop and implement controls for expense management.
- Utilize labor management tools to schedule and control labor costs.
- Interview, hire, train, develop, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate of staff members. Ensure timely completion of performance appraisals.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Interact positively with customers and take action to resolve problems to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Ensure compliance of front office, guest service, and PBX standard operating procedures and policies. Ensure all Front Office Quality Standards are complied with and are consistently applied.
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Assist in the daily maintenance of room inventory status to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations.
- Maintain all front desk related equipment and a par stock of supplies.
- Resolve customer complaints; anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Develop strong relations with the sales team to discuss and implement sales strategies to continually improve occupancy levels and revenues.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1 year of front desk experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Proficient with PMS system and computer literacy a must.
- Advanced knowledge of brand's reward program.
- Able to handle cash and credit transactions.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Communicate well with guests.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of all front office operations and individual job requirements.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high level of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Able to manage multiple tasks at all times and have excellent organizational skills.
- General knowledge of local area attractions and transportation.
- Must be able to stand up for 4 or more hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Able to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and customers.
- Able to remain calm and alert, during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other associates.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI117030353