Applied Machine Learning Engineer
Description: Why KCF Technologies?
Do you enjoy learning and growing within an innovative organization that encourages collaboration and team building across all levels of the organization? Do you embody our core values of Smarts, Grit and Drive, and value work/life balance, autonomy, health, and a sense of purpose? If so, consider joining our team.
KCF Technologies is on a quest to Optimize American Manufacturing. SmartDiagnostics, our Industrial Internet of Things technology, helps our customers eliminate downtime, improve safety, and elevate manufacturing jobs all over the United States. Learn more at www.kcftech.com.
Where You Come In
KCF Technologies is currently seeking a smart and driven Applied Machine Learning Engineer to join the Data Analytics team. You are enthusiastic and passionate about data analytics, statistical analysis, and machine learning. You enjoy variety and solving multiple problems concurrently. Your ideal environment is one in which you work with others, receive direction and structure from others, and experience change.
You consider yourself to be:
- Passionate for solving real-world problems
As an Applied ML Engineer at KCF Technologies, you will be leading KCF into the next generation of data analytics by utilizing machine learning and AI techniques to develop sophisticated algorithms for machine health diagnostics, prognostics, and automated control. KCF needs great talent that not only has the skill to fit the needs at hand but also exemplifies our cultural values of Smarts, Grit, and Drive.
The ideal person to fill this role will be able understand the big picture, contribute ideas to help improve the process, and execute on all the nitty gritty details needed to get the work done.
- Design and develop machine learning applications and solutions tailored to machine health diagnostics, prognostics, and automation
- Design data mining tools for training data extraction
- Integrate machine learning techniques and algorithms within the KCF SmartDiagnostics platform
- Design and implement feedback loop protocols for continual model updates and improvements
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or equivalent fields
- Strong mathematical background (linear algebra, calculus, probability and statistics)
- Machine Learning experience (regression and classification, supervised, and unsupervised learning)
- Strong inclination for breaking data down into set of features for machine learning
- At least 2 years of experience applying data analytics and/or machine learning design techniques to solve real-world problems
- For the purposes of determining compliance with U.S. export control regulations, all applicants will be required to answer yes or no to the following question: Are you a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (i.e., a green card holder), an asylee, or a refugee?
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with Python (Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-Learn, Matplotlib, TensorFlow, etc.)
- Knowledge of data mining and training data generation techniques
- Edge-compute design experience
- Communicates verbally and in writing in a clear and professional manner.
- Able to work in a rapid-paced environment, managing and tracking multiple tasks with speed and accuracy.
- Highly service-oriented disposition with aptitude in problem-solving
- Must exemplify the following KCF cultural values: Smarts, Grit, Drive
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization abilities
- Should be able to deal with difficult, sensitive, and confidential issues
We know it takes competitive benefits and development opportunities to fuel a team that exhibits our values of Smarts, Grit, and Drive. At KCF, we provide perks that are focused on bringing out the best in you:
- Industry leading medical insurance - 100% Company Paid for you and your family
- Company provided vision and dental plan
- Competitive compensation plus quarterly bonus opportunity
- 401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% KCF match
- 4-weeks paid vacation plus holidays
- Fitness reimbursement and generous travel stipends
- Opportunities for growth and professional development
- Ability to work in one of the most exciting fields in technology
- Casual work environment and excellent location in the heart of State College, PA
- Ability to collaborate with coworkers who like showing up to work
- Opportunity to make a true impact on our company and products with high visibility
- Be a part of a growing company that will take your career and your passion to the next level
At KCF, we are an equal opportunity employer. The only things we require for employment, compensation, advancement and benefits are performance and a good team attitude. No one will be denied opportunities or benefits, and no employment decisions will be made, on the basis of race, religion/creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions, protected veteran status, medical condition, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, possession of a general education development certificate (GED) as compared to a high school diploma, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state laws. KCF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which KCF has facilities.